PNC Brings National Author Rosalind Wiseman to Vestavia Hills City Schools
Thursday, Oct. 2, 2014 at the Vestavia Hills Country Club. Presented by PNC, the ticketed event begins at 11:30 a.m. with proceeds to benefit the Vestavia Hills City Schools Foundation (VHCSF).
Rosalind Wiseman, best-selling author and internationally recognized parenting and bullying expert, will guide parents through the world of queen bees, wannabes, masterminds and wingmen.
Congratulations to the Class of 2014
The following statistics reflect the accomplishments of the 470 seniors in the Class of 2014:
- 92 percent will be attending four-year universities
- College-bound graduates are enrolling in 84 different collegiate institutions around the nation
- 18 National Merit Finalists, 1 National Merit Semifinalist, 8 National Merit Commended Students, 1 National Merit Hispanic Scholar
- 12 seniors were nominees for the U.S. Department of Education’s Presidential Scholar award — more than any other school in Alabama
- 64 percent of our graduates were offered scholarships — the highest number of students with offers in VHHS history
- Students were offered more than $25 million in scholarships — the highest monetary total in school history
Congratulations to the Class of 2014 on these and your many other outstanding accomplishments!
It Continues With You . . .
. . . The Vestavia Hills City Schools Foundation is a non-profit corporation created to provide ongoing and dependable funding for critical academic "extras" such as professional development, technology, and classroom enhancements. These extras benefit every grade level, every academic subject area and every student in our school system. Making an investment in the Foundation will help to fill in the funding gaps that can make the difference between a good school system and a great one. Your tax-deductible contribution is an investment which will allow Vestavia Hills to continue to be a leader in public education.