2015 DINNER & DIAMONDS
The 9th Annual Dinner & Diamonds benefiting the Vestavia Hills City Schools Foundation will be held at Regions Field on Saturday, February 28, 2015. Last year this sold-out event drew more than 500 people. This year promises to be even bigger and better.
Dinner & Diamonds is our flagship fundraiser. It provides an opportunity to celebrate the accomplishments of the Foundation, and funds the operating budget which ensures the Foundation has the resources it needs to keep working to support our schools and teachers. The excellence of Vestavia Hills schools continues to define our community. Your support is critical to our future success and is deeply appreciated by the citizens of Vestavia Hills.
CLICK HERE to order tickets or sponsorships now.
CLICK HERE for more information.
Guidelines for Grant Seekers 2014-2015
The Vestavia Hills City Schools Foundation invites proposals from educators in Vestavia Hills City Schools for projects and programs benefiting Vestavia Hills students and teachers. Proposals should be submitted on the Vestavia Hills City Schools Foundation Grant Application Form and be postmarked no later than Monday, December 15, 2014. Grant awards will be announced in spring 2015. Funds are available by April 30, 2015. Grants may support projects or programs to be conducted in summer 2015 or during the 2014/2015 school year.
CLICK HERE to download the application.
The Foundation encourages projects and programs...
• that impact a large number of students and teachers;
• that are consistent with the strategic objectives of the Vestavia Hills City Schools Board of
• that can be used in future years; and
• that can be replicated in other schools in our system.
Congratulations to the Class of 2014
The following statistics reflect the accomplishments of the 470 seniors in the Class of 2014:
- 92 percent will be attending four-year universities
- College-bound graduates are enrolling in 84 different collegiate institutions around the nation
- 18 National Merit Finalists, 1 National Merit Semifinalist, 8 National Merit Commended Students, 1 National Merit Hispanic Scholar
- 12 seniors were nominees for the U.S. Department of Education’s Presidential Scholar award — more than any other school in Alabama
- 64 percent of our graduates were offered scholarships — the highest number of students with offers in VHHS history
- Students were offered more than $25 million in scholarships — the highest monetary total in school history
Congratulations to the Class of 2014 on these and your many other outstanding accomplishments!
It Continues With You . . .
. . . The Vestavia Hills City Schools Foundation is a non-profit corporation created to provide ongoing and dependable funding for critical academic "extras" such as professional development, technology, and classroom enhancements. These extras benefit every grade level, every academic subject area and every student in our school system. Making an investment in the Foundation will help to fill in the funding gaps that can make the difference between a good school system and a great one. Your tax-deductible contribution is an investment which will allow Vestavia Hills to continue to be a leader in public education.